Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Winter Wonderland Christmas

I have always dreamt of a white Christmas, where snow would fall outside, whilst we ate our christmas dinner and sang Christmas carols by the fire.  It's summer here is Australia so a white Christmas would only be a dream for me!. We had a very warm night on Christmas Eve and a very humid Christmas day here down under. But that did not deter my dreams of a white Christmas!.

I wanted to create a dessert table which was inspired by so many fabulous recipe's and decorations I had at home, and I figured if I couldn't have snow on Christmas Eve, I would bring elements of a white christmas wonderland to our sweets table. 

I painted a wooden tree I had in my stash of Kaiser products, white (yes. I was once a very keen scrapbooker) and hung cookie ornaments off the tree. I loved how it turned out.

Dessert menu consisted of vanilla cookies, pannacotta, raspberry swirl vanilla cupcakes, white chocolate mud cake, dulce de leche roll (caramel yule log ), cakepops and an assortment of macarons!

Candy buffet: Pink raspberry jellybeans, Blue lemonade jellybeans, Rafaello's, Dark chocolate bars and milk chocolate silver bells.

I hope your Christmas was as sweet as mine!
Merry Christmas!
x






















Printables : Winter Woodland by Style Me Gorgeous
Cake stands, small glass pots, wooden spoons and jellybeans : Sweet Style
Panacotta recipe couresy of Blissfully Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment