Monday, December 5, 2011

The very hungry caterpillar party

I had the pleasure of styling a very dear friends baby girls first birthday on the weekend.  When I heard she wanted to incorporate elements of her daughter's favourite book - "The very hungry caterpillar", into the party, it bought a smile to my face as this book has always been one of my favourites.... oh and the fact that my mind was running wild with the endless possibilities for the dessert table!

The backdrop to the dessert table was the greenery of a local park - and there was no need for added decorations to the backdrop or table as the elements of this dessert table were very bright, fun and told the story beautifully with printed buffet labels purchased from Jennifer Leonardini on etsy.

Vanilla Caterpillar cookies , vanilla cupcakes with butter cream swirls and Oreo ice - cream cake pops - all by Studio cake
The gorgeous mud cake adorned by handmade sugar elements was made by the talented Tanja of Choice Cakes.

Fruit platters - courtesy of the clever mummy!






















Thank you Milly for allowing me to be part of your special day x

No comments:

Post a Comment